Welcome to the Qubes OS Project
Qubes is an open-source operating system designed to provide strong security for desktop computing. Qubes is based on Xen, the X Window System, and Linux, and can run most Linux applications and utilize most of the Linux drivers. Qubes Release 1 was released in September 2012. Qubes Release 2 is almost complete, with Beta 3 having been released in December 2013. Qubes supports Windows-based AppVMs beginning with Release 2.
- Getting Started
- Architecture Overview
- Qubes Security Goals
- How is Qubes OS different from...?
- Beyond Qubes R2 -- the Qubes Odyssey Framework
- Mar 21, 2013 Introducing Qubes Odyssey Framework article
- Jun 21, 2013 Qubes OS R3 Alpha preview: Odyssey HAL in action! announcement
- Nov 26, 2013 Windows 7 seamless GUI integration coming to Qubes OS! article
- Dec 11, 2013 Qubes OS R2 Beta 3 has been released! announcement
- Feb 16, 2014 Qubes OS selected as a finalist of Access Innovation Prize 2014 for Endpoint Security Solution announcement
- Mar 28, 2014 Article about Qubes OS in The Economist
- Apr 12, 2014 Article about Qubes OS by the Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Apr 21, 2014 Qubes OS R2 rc1 has been released! announcement