Qubes R3.2 release notes
New features since 3.1
- Management Stack extended to support in-VM configuration - documentation
- PV USB - documentation
- Dom0 update to Fedora 23 for better hardware support
- Kernel 4.4.x
- Default desktop environment switched to Xfce4
- KDE 5 support (but it is no longer the default one)
- Tiling window managers support: awesome, i3
- More flexible Qubes RPC services - related ticket, documentation
You can get detailed description in completed github issues
qvm-blockdoes not work
Some icons in the Qubes Manager application might not be drawn correctly when using the Xfce4 environment in Dom0. If this bothers you, please use the KDE environment instead.
For other known issues take a look at our tickets
It is advised to install updates just after system installation to apply bug fixes for (some of) the above problems.
See Qubes Downloads.
The easiest and safest way to upgrade to Qubes R3.2 is to install it from scratch and use qubes backup and restore tools for migrating of all of the user VMs.
Users of Qubes R3.1 can also upgrade using this procedure.
From R3.0 or earlier
When upgrading from earlier versions the easiest and safest way is to install it from scratch and use qubes backup and restore tools for migrating of all of the user VMs.
Alternatively you can upgrade to R3.1 using first, then follow the instructions above. This will be time consuming process.