Whonix for Privacy & Anonymity
To improve your privacy and anonymity on the internet, you can install the Whonix Template on your Qubes machine.
Whonix is based on Debian and Tor and utilizes two VMs, a “gateway” and a “workstation”. Qubes security architecture makes use of Whonix’s isolation by using the gateway as a ProxyVM to route all network traffic through Tor, while the workstation is used for making AppVMs.
Getting Started with Whonix
To install Whonix, you must have a working Qubes machine already.
Customizing, Reinstalling, & Uninstalling Whonix
The following links are on Whonix’s website and may be technical.
- Using Whonix with DisposableVMs
- Security Advice for after installing Whonix on Qubes
- How to set up Tor Bridges in Whonix on Qubes
- Using Multiple Whonix-Workstations with Whonix on Qubes
- How to use Corridor (a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway) with Whonix
Support for Whonix
The following links are on Whonix’s site.
- Whonix Support - General Whonix, Debian, Tor, etc… related issues
- Whonix Qubes Forum - Whonix specific issues
You can also use Qubes support, but not all Qubes users run Whonix.