Qubes OS 4.2.0 release notes
Please note: This page is still an unfinished draft in progress. It is being updated as Qubes 4.2 development and testing continues.
New features and improvements since Qubes 4.1
- Dom0 upgraded to Fedora 37 (#6982)
- Xen upgraded to version 4.17
- Default Debian template upgraded to Debian 12
- Default Fedora and Debian templates use Xfce instead of GNOME (#7784)
- SELinux support in Fedora templates (#4239)
- Several GUI applications rewritten, including:
grub.cfglocation for both UEFI and legacy boot (#7985)
- PipeWire support (#6358)
- fwupd integration for firmware updates (#4855)
- Optional automatic clipboard clearing (#3415)
- Official packages built using Qubes Builder v2 (#6486)
- Split GPG and Split SSH management in Qubes Global Settings
- Qrexec services use new qrexec policy format by default (but old format is still supported) (#8000)
For a full list, including more detailed descriptions, please see here.
- DomU firewalls have completely switched to nftables. Users should add their custom rules to the
custom-forwardchains. (#5031, #6062)
See the installation guide.
Please see how to upgrade to Qubes 4.2.