The Fedora TemplateVM
The Fedora TemplateVM comes preinstalled with Qubes OS. However, there may be times when you wish to install a fresh copy from the Qubes repositories, e.g.:
- When a version of Fedora reaches EOL (end-of-life).
- When a new version of Fedora you wish to use becomes supported as a TemplateVM.
- When you suspect your Fedora TemplateVM has been compromised.
- When you have made modifications to the Fedora TemplateVM that you no longer want.
To install a specific Fedora TemplateVM that is not currently installed in your system, use the following command in dom0:
$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-XX
XX with the Fedora version number of the template you wish to install.)
To reinstall a Fedora TemplateVM that is already installed in your system, see How to Reinstall a TemplateVM.
After installing a fresh Fedora TemplateVM, we recommend performing the following steps:
Switch any TemplateBasedVMs that are based on the old TemplateVM to the new one:
If desired, remove the old TemplateVM by running the following command in dom0:
$ sudo dnf remove qubes-template-fedora-XX
XXwith the Fedora version number of the template you wish to remove.)
To upgrade your Fedora TemplateVM, please consult the guide that corresponds to your situation:
- Upgrading the Fedora 28 Template to Fedora 29
- Upgrading the Fedora 27 Template to Fedora 28
- Upgrading the Fedora 26 Template to Fedora 27
- Upgrading the Fedora 25 Template to Fedora 26
- Upgrading the Fedora 24 Template to Fedora 25
- Upgrading the Fedora 23 Template to Fedora 24
- Upgrading the Fedora 21 Template to Fedora 23
- Upgrading the Fedora 20 Template to Fedora 21
- Upgrading the Fedora 18 Template to Fedora 20